The NASA Tetrahedral Unstructured Software System (TetrUSS) was developed during the 1990’s to provide a rapid aerodynamic analysis and design capability to applied aerodynamicists. The system is comprised of loosely integrated, user-friendly software that enables the application of advanced Euler and Navier-Stokes tetrahedral finite volume technology to complex aerodynamic problems. TetrUSS has matured well because of the generous feedback from many willing users representing a broad cross-section of background and skill levels.
- Provide initial solutions to complex problems within days
- Provide accurate representation of flow physics
- Be quickly adapted/extended to meet unforseen challenges
- Have sufficient calibration and broad use to instill confidence
- Be easily applied by relatively non-expert users